We all know that some days are just better than others, but with a few tweaks in our daily schedules it’s possible to feel healthy and refreshed even on our busiest days. Whether it’s an early morning workout, a cup of herbal tea, or a few minutes of meditation there are so many ways to improve how you’re feeling during the day.
Below are little life hacks that you can add to your day to ensure that you’re always feeling your best!
- Drink naturally infused water throughout the day. Lemon water in particular is great for flushing out toxins and providing a boost of energy. If you get through the day without drinking sugary beverages, you’ll feel much better and more awake!
- Start your morning off with cardio. Even before you go to grab your breakfast, make it a goal to start your day off with a run or a skip rope session. By doing this you’ll feel more awake, hungry for breakfast (if you’re not a morning person), and ready to take on the day. It’s also nice to start your day off with a shower, so working out in the AM fits perfectly into that schedule.
- Use a clarity or focus spray before doing work. My bestie recently got me the Saje Mental Alertness Spray and I can’t stop using it! A few sprays of this helps to clear my mind and allows me to focus on my work longer.
- Put your devices away while eating. If you’re going to have a lunch break mid-day, put your phone or laptop aside and let yourself relax while you eat. Even if it’s just 15 minutes of silence and eating, it’ll help your brain to re-focus and you’ll be more productive afterwards.
How do you stay feeling your best throughout the day? Share in the comments below!
Is it just me, or are you wondering how September creeped up on us so quickly too? I feel as if the summer ran away from me! With that being said though, I do adore the Autumn months and I have a lot of exciting projects and collaborations coming up, so as much as I’d love summer to stay I’m ready to say goodbye. Before I do though, I’m in desperate need of a life refresher and if you are too then you might find this post helpful. Keep reading to learn about five ways you can refresh your life right now!
- Evaluate your diet. I indulged this summer, a little more than I should have, and I kind of let my body just be. Now that everyone is back to a set routine I’m ready to refresh my eating habits. Having a proper diet prevents unnecessary stress, laziness and keeps you in a healthy state of mind. What I’m going to do is finish off the year with a semi-strict diet that makes me feel good. I start my morning off the same everyday (eggs and tomatoes or avocado, coffee, green juice and vitamins), snack on healthy foods throughout the day (nuts, fruit, veggies), eat a light and healthy lunch (salads, veggies with hummus, rice cakes with avo, etc) and end my day with protein and veggies! I won’t give in to all of my cravings but if there’s a dessert that I really want I’ll definitely let myself eat it, balance is key.
- Create a workout schedule. This goes hand in hand with eating properly and I find that when I workout consistently I’m much more productive than when I’m not active. My goal for the rest of the year is to workout at least 4 times a week. No matter what your schedule is, if you include a workout in your routine, you’ll feel healthier in no time.
- Set weekly and monthly goals. A lot of new things are going on in my life right now so to stay on track I’m going to set realistic weekly and monthly goals. For example, this week my goal is to invest a little more in my blog and learn how to properly monetize it. With the time that I have during the week I’ll be researching and figuring out how I can reach this goal! You might be surprised at how much you can get done when you set goals like this.
- Clear out your closet. Sleeping and working in a clean and organized room is so important. It allows me to think more clearly and relax properly when I need to. I love clearing out my closet of things I don’t use or have outgrown because it truly is refreshing! Sell those items so you can give your closet a refresher with new items! Look good, feel good 😉
- Read. I’ve started reading motivational and positive quotes, articles and books every now and then because it gives me a great perspective on life. Taking half an hour to an hour of your day to sit and read in silence helps to let your inner thoughts flow. I also find that I’m more positive throughout the day if I do this in the morning 🙂
How do you give your life a little refresher? Share with me in the comments below! 🙂
I recently starting working a second job and today I’d like to share why I chose to do this and how I’m managing my even crazier schedule. I know that a lot of people do this already, but it’s brand new for me and I had to figure everything out for the first time, so for those of you considering getting a second job here is what I’ve figured out so far.
Why I Got a Second Job
It wasn’t that I was dissatisfied with my daytime office job, because I love the work that I do there! I got a second job because 1) I’m travelling a lot this summer so any steady income helps with my savings and 2) it’s weird to say, but I crave a busy schedule and even though I have blogging on the side, I still felt like I had too much idle time during the evenings and weekends. I’m not working full-time at my new job but it’s keeping me just as busy as I would be if I was still in school (I don’t have any summer classes right now).
However my new job is my very first restaurant job so it can definitely get tiring, but I made a promise to myself that I’d do everything I could to make sure I don’t crash 😉 Here’s what I’m doing to basically, you know, stay sane, working two jobs, blogging, staying fit, and having time for family, my boyfriend and friends.
How I’m Taking Care of Myself (Staying Sane)
- Sleep. I make it my nightly goal to get a bare minimum of 7 hours of sleep each night but I usually end up getting 8-9 depending on the day! I know that I’ll crash by the end of day if I get less than 7 (am I a sleep snob?) so this is the most important factor in keeping my energy levels up. It also helps me to depend less on coffee, I only have 1 cup a day!
- Hydration. I never want to become dependent on coffee, so I limit myself to one cup a day and then switch over to herbal tea if I need a pick me up later on. Otherwise I always have my Swell water bottle with me and I’m constantly drinking water. No pop, juices and I try not to have any alcohol in the evenings even if I go out.
- Eating Habits. I know for a fact that once I start eating junk my body starts to shut down and go into lazy mode. I aim to eat little to no wheat (pasta, breads, pastries, rice, etc) because it makes me tired and instead I eat salads with protein, fruits with yogourt, and vegetable stir fry.
- Monitor Energy Levels. This is probably of equal importance to sleep because it’s all about the mind! I really try my best to monitor how I’m actually feeling everyday and base my workouts around it. I figured out that it’s important to know the difference between feeling adrenaline versus healthy energy. I know I’m feeling adrenaline when I’m in a go-go-go non-stop mood and I’m treating everything like a checklist, which never ends well and I often can’t fall asleep at the end of the day. Healthy energy for me is when I haven’t been yawning or reaching for caffeine all day, my mind focusses easily and I don’t feel flustered about getting everything done in one day.
- Positive Attitude. If I’m getting fed up with my schedule I have a little pep talk with myself to remember what my end goal is. Staying positive is key to staying sane in my opinion.
If you’ve balanced a crazy busy schedule or even two jobs before, how have you handled it all and managed to stay in a healthy mind set? Please share your experience in the comments below!