I recently discovered dry brushing and added it to my daily routine, so today I want to share all of its benefits with you!
I recently added dry brushing to my daily beauty routine and thought I’d do up a little 101 guide on the beauty hack for you. For starters, let me explain what exactly dry brushing is! Dry brushing is basically what it sounds like, brushing your skin with a dry body brush. It’s usually done before showering and has a few great benefits.
Benefits of Dry Brushing
- Exfoliates and smooths. As you can imagine, brushing your skin is an amazing way to exfoliate because of the natural bristles. By brushing the skin with this tool, it helps to loosen and remove dead skin cells, therefore making your skin much smoother.
- Lymphatic drainage. If you haven’t heard of this before then it might sound complicated, so I’ll explain it simple terms. Your body is made up of lymph (it’s a fluid) and the body detoxifies through lymph vessels. Since a lot of the lymph vessels are right below the surface of your skin, dry brushing helps to stimulate normal lymph flow in the body. This basically means that the brushing is helping your body naturally detoxify!
- Smaller pores. Since the natural bristles help to exfoliate the skin, your pores are regularly being cleaned out by the dry brushing. As a result, pores appear smaller and the skin smoother!
How to Dry Brush
It’s been said that dry brushing creates energy as it increases circulation, so doing it in the morning before a shower is best! You can even do it twice a day if you feel like it. Always brush towards the center of the body as the heart and chest area are where lymph is drained. Very little pressure is needed if you have a firm brush!
Legs: Brush from the ankles upward in long strokes and repeat around 8-10 times per leg.
Arms: Brush from the wrists to the armpit in long strokes, repeat 8-10 times per arm.
Circular motions can be used on the abdomen, back and armpits.
Where to Buy a Dry Brush
Below are a few options for dry brushes, they’re not super pricey and definitely don’t need to be splurged on! Any firm, natural bristle brush will work. Larger ones with long sticks can be used for the body, and smaller gentler bristled brushes can be used for the face.
After dry brushing daily for about 3 weeks now, I’ve found that my skin is much smoother than before and seems to also be a bit tighter in stubborn fattier areas. I also find that the small bumps on the back of my thighs have disappeared! If you have any questions about dry brushing feel free to comment below.
Sometimes you just don’t want to get out of bed in the morning, and that’s okay. If you’re having a lazy day, there’s still hope for looking cute 😉
Believe it or not there are ways to look cute without having to put too much effort in and today I’m going to share them with you! Everyone needs a little inspiration from time to time, so take these tips and use them the next time you’re feeling tired.
1. Joggers VS. Sweats
Baggy sweats look cute on some girls, but they’re usually not socially acceptable when you’re going out, so opt for a pair of joggers instead. These babies are comfy AND cute at the same time. They’re also super easy to style, especially if you have them in a neutral colour (black, white, grey, brown).
If you’re not up for styling your hair, a braid is a cute and quick alternative. I personally don’t know how to french braid but even a regular braid looks better than undone locks.
3. Throw on a hat!
If you’re really not up for styling your hair, throw on a hat! A ball cap looks cute (as long as it’s in good condition) and a toque works just as well. If you’re wearing a comfy casual outfit, either of these two hats will make you look just a little more put together.
Don’t underestimate the power of a jacket! Even if you’re wearing joggers or leggings, a jacket adds something unique to your outfit. Try layering a hoodie and a leather jacket with a pair of joggers for a cute off duty look.
Instead of socks and slides or your torn up sneakers, try wearing a pair of slip on loafers with your outfit. Whether it’s leggings or joggers that you have on, a pair of loafers are comfy, easy to slip on and they’re cute!
How do you look cute on your laziest days? 😉
We all have those days that we just feel blah, but thankfully there are a few tricks that can actually help us look and feel put together. They’re easy, quick and pretty simple I think!
Whether it’s your mood or appearance, these tips will help you to look your best, and then hopefully feel your best! Keep reading to find out what they are…
- Wash your hair. Everyone knows that a freshly washed head of hair makes the world of a difference in your appearance!
- Wear black. No matter what the occasion, wearing black makes you look put together! If you’re not into black though, you can certainly wear a different monochrome outfit 😛
- Use a lint roller. Lint-free clothing screams “I’ve got this”. It’s a quick clothing fix so why not do it before you run out the door!
- Put on some mascara. If you’re looking tired, mascara can do wonders for your face. A natural makeup look really makes a difference!
- Shave. This is pretty self-explanatory… who doesn’t feel awesome after they shave their legs?!
- Be mindful of your eating throughout the day. Eat good, feel good.
- Wake up early. Ever since I started waking up early everyday I’ve seen a huge difference in my mood throughout the day. Waking up early gets you on the right track for the day and you’ll feel good 🙂
- Put on some perfume. Spray some on, thank me later.
- Write out a to-do list. Stay on track with your productivity and feel good about what you’re doing throughout the day!
- Listen to some up-beat music. Nothing is better than a little dance sesh!
- Chew some gum. Does this really need an explanation? What beats fresh breath?
- Do a five minute breathing meditation. Feeling blah? A quick meditation will immediately refresh your mind.
- Get dressed as soon as you wake up. Take action as soon as you jump out of bed!
- Have a 30 minute workout. A workout has been proven to increase positivity and productivity.
- Put on a pair of earrings. Going out but still feeling blah? Throw on a pair of earrings or other jewellery. Usually when you look good, you feel good.
If you have any other tips on how to look and feel put together, feel free to share them below!