It’s important to remember to take care of ourselves, especially in today’s busy world. Whether or not you notice it, we’re always on the go and a lot of people forget to take breaks or give themselves a breather. For me, there are small things that I try to do daily and weekly to de-tress and relax. Most people don’t have time to go on regular vacations, or even weekend trips, so daily de-stressing tasks can come in really handy! Here are my personal favourite ways to relax and relieve stress.
1.Listening to the “Calma” playlist on Spotify. I love to listen to this playlist when I just need time to myself. Sometimes that’s in the car and other times it’s when I’m working at home. It creates a really relaxing environment and helps to keep me calm.
2. A cup of chamomile tea. I usually only drink this in the evenings when I need a breather after a long day. The tea works wonders for helping you relax before going to sleep.
3. Hot bath with epsom salts. Epsom salts are known to relieve muscle tension and relax the body, which makes them perfect de-stressors. Below is the brand of epsom salts that I use!
4. Diffuser with eucalyptus oil. Before I sleep or sometimes while I’m working later in the day, I like to turn on my Saje diffuser with eucalyptus oil. Just like the epsom salts, it helps the mind to relax and calm down! It also really helps if you have trouble sleeping.
5. Pedicure. This one is not something I do weekly, but when I have the opportunity to get a pedicure it always helps to relieve stress. It’s just a great pick-me-up activity! I mean, who doesn’t love getting pedicures?
6. Creating a list. When I am extremely stressed out about multiple things, it helps to create a list of everything that’s stressing me out. Beside that list I write down possible solutions that will help to relieve the stress that I’m holding. For example, if I’m ever stressed about deadlines, it always helps to write down everything I need to do and schedule in the priority tasks.
7. Working out. I try to workout 4-6 times a week because while I’m exercising I’m not thinking about anything else! It’s 100% ME time and I always feel refreshed and focussed afterward. I prefer to workout in the mornings so that I start my day off right.
8. Putting my phone down. Since my job is to always be online, my phone often causes me a lot of stress. It’s taken me a while to understand when I need to put it down, but now whenever I feel overwhelmed, it helps to put it away and spend time with family or friends.
9. Staying away from social media. Only over the past month or so have I learned that social media should not rule my life and I do NOT need to be on it 24/7. It is my job, but there needs to be a boundary between my daily life and my social media accounts. Whether it’s scheduling time to be on my phone during the day, or just staying off of it for a weekend, it helps relieve some of my stress.
10. Going on walks. I don’t do this very often, but when I do it really helps. This in combination with the Calma playlist on Spotify are great for clearing my head and re-focusing during the day.
What do you do to de-stress?