Is it just me, or are you wondering how September creeped up on us so quickly too? I feel as if the summer ran away from me! With that being said though, I do adore the Autumn months and I have a lot of exciting projects and collaborations coming up, so as much as I’d love summer to stay I’m ready to say goodbye. Before I do though, I’m in desperate need of a life refresher and if you are too then you might find this post helpful. Keep reading to learn about five ways you can refresh your life right now!
- Evaluate your diet. I indulged this summer, a little more than I should have, and I kind of let my body just be. Now that everyone is back to a set routine I’m ready to refresh my eating habits. Having a proper diet prevents unnecessary stress, laziness and keeps you in a healthy state of mind. What I’m going to do is finish off the year with a semi-strict diet that makes me feel good. I start my morning off the same everyday (eggs and tomatoes or avocado, coffee, green juice and vitamins), snack on healthy foods throughout the day (nuts, fruit, veggies), eat a light and healthy lunch (salads, veggies with hummus, rice cakes with avo, etc) and end my day with protein and veggies! I won’t give in to all of my cravings but if there’s a dessert that I really want I’ll definitely let myself eat it, balance is key.
- Create a workout schedule. This goes hand in hand with eating properly and I find that when I workout consistently I’m much more productive than when I’m not active. My goal for the rest of the year is to workout at least 4 times a week. No matter what your schedule is, if you include a workout in your routine, you’ll feel healthier in no time.
- Set weekly and monthly goals. A lot of new things are going on in my life right now so to stay on track I’m going to set realistic weekly and monthly goals. For example, this week my goal is to invest a little more in my blog and learn how to properly monetize it. With the time that I have during the week I’ll be researching and figuring out how I can reach this goal! You might be surprised at how much you can get done when you set goals like this.
- Clear out your closet. Sleeping and working in a clean and organized room is so important. It allows me to think more clearly and relax properly when I need to. I love clearing out my closet of things I don’t use or have outgrown because it truly is refreshing! Sell those items so you can give your closet a refresher with new items! Look good, feel good 😉
- Read. I’ve started reading motivational and positive quotes, articles and books every now and then because it gives me a great perspective on life. Taking half an hour to an hour of your day to sit and read in silence helps to let your inner thoughts flow. I also find that I’m more positive throughout the day if I do this in the morning 🙂
How do you give your life a little refresher? Share with me in the comments below! 🙂