Plane rides can be a real pain, especially when you’re unprepared, so today I’m sharing what my airplane essentials are when travelling! I’m flying to Mexico this week so I thought the topic was fitting 🙂
When packing my personal airplane bag, either a purse or backpack, I like to categorize all of the items that I’m bringing. This makes packing easier, quicker and ensures that I don’t forget anything.
The categories that I create lists by are toiletries, medical, tech, accessories and miscellaneous. Below are the items that I usually include in my personal bag within these categories!
- Moisturizer: For face and hands because airplanes are so drying! Right now I’m loving my Chanel hand cream (TSA approved) and I think I’ll bring my Tula Day and Night cream because it’s also small enough and super moisturizing.
- Lip Balm: If I ever forget to pack my lip balm I always buy a new one at the airport because that’s how necessary it is for me on flights LOL. I love bringing my squeeze tube lip balm from Vaseline because it’s clear, very hydrating and works well under glosses and lipsticks.
- Face Mist: A face mist is something that I like to use after I’ve already applied moisturizer. I love my travel sized Clinique Moisture Surge face spray because it keeps my skin hydrated for a long time.
- Pressed Powder: This is a great way for me to touchup my skin upon arrival and it’s super convenient to carry around. I love the matte pressed powder from the Maybeline FitMe collection.
- Mini Highlighter: I try to fly with the least amount of makeup on possible but carrying around a mini highlighter works wonders when I want a glow upon arrival! I really like the Benefit Watts Up sample sized highlighter, and I apply it under my brow arch, in the inner parts of my eyes and also on my cheekbones.
- Advil: For those nasty headaches and back aches from the chairs LOL.
- Emergen-C Packets: I always carry these with me when I travel because I’m so paranoid of getting sick! Plus they’re great for a boost of energy if your flight is longer than 5 hours.
- Cold-FX: I don’t usually take these on my flights unless it’s a really early morning. They’re for prevention of cold and flu which I find really important if I’m travelling far. This is what kept me healthy when I flew to Manila and Hawaii.
- Bandaids: You never know when you might need one!
- Sanitary Wipes: These aren’t really for medical purposes but I keep them in this category anyway. They come in handy when you’re snacking on the plane or need to wipe something down.
- Phone Charger
- Portable Charger: I bring a portable charger for my phone for when I get off of the plane and still have some travelling to do before arriving at my destination!
- Camera: I like to pack my camera in my personal bag so that it doesn’t get damaged in checked luggage. It’s also convenient if I decide to take photos or vlog while flying!
- Hair Ties
- Jewellery: I hate packing my valuables in checked luggage because there’s a chance of the whole bag getting lost, so I pack them in my personal bag or wear them on the plane.
- Magazines: Depending on how long my flight is, I love bringing fashion and gossip magazines for the plane. I’m not a big reader so it’s always magazines over a book.
- Jacket or Sweater: Airplanes get really chilly, imo, so I like to bring an extra sweater that’s small enough to pack in my bag just in case!
- Travel Itinerary: This is usually just a few papers that include my travel plans, flight info and other important things like phone numbers, locations, etc.
What do you pack in your personal airplane bag? Share below in the comments!