An enjoyable vacation for me is always well planned and organized. I find that when I don’t have to worry about putting together outfits or planning my days I’m much more relaxed! This does take some extra organization beforehand, but it’s definitely worth it. Scroll down to read my tips on staying organized while on vacation!
- Plan ahead of time. It sounds obvious but most people don’t do this! I like to plan my trips at least three months ahead of time so that I have a set schedule by the time I head to the airport. This includes booking flights, booking hotels or Air BnBs, transportation within my destination (unless it’s Uber), and an activity itinerary!
- Create detailed itineraries. It’s easier to write down a list of attractions and events you want to visit while on your vacation, but it’s better to plan the dates and times that you actually want to go. I always create a detailed itinerary for each vacation that I go on because it eases my mind before travelling and let’s my brain relax when I get to my destination. The details of these itineraries include date, time, method of transportation and the amount of money I assume I’m going to need for food and shopping. I’ve created a template that you can use for your next vacation itinerary too! -> VACATION ITINERARY TEMPLATE
- Buy tickets early. To avoid long lines and sometimes higher prices I always buy tickets for events or attractions before I travel!
- Brainstorm outfit ideas. Outfits are probably the biggest deal for me, but I’m not ashamed! I love feeling good in what I’m wearing, especially on vacation. I’m definitely not the type to let go of my style when travelling so I always plan every single outfit early. I create mood boards on Pinterest and Instagram that include the style that I want to portray on vacay and then I execute! I plan everything from head to toe (accessories, clothing, shoes) and write it all down in a chart. This way I can avoid overpacking and when I’m actually on vacation I don’t have to worry about pairing pieces!
- Use packing cubes. I only recently started using packing cubes but WOW are they a life changer. They make life SO much easier when travelling!! I categorize each cube into shirts, pants, undergarments, swim suits, pyjamas and toiletries and it saves me so much time when unpacking and looking for items.
How do you stay organized while on vacation? I’d love to know! Comment below with your travel tips 🙂