I’ve been growing out my hair for about a year now and throughout the process I’ve started to love quite a few products. I never was a hair product junkie but I have to admit that I have certainly become one! I’m definitely not ashamed of this though 😉 What’s wrong with taking care of your hair in every way possible?!
My Hair Type
Wave Pattern: Straight
Oiliness: Normal to Oily
Hair Care Routine
- Shampoo every other night to every night.
- Condition the tips of my hair only.
- Rarely use hair masks, it increases the oiliness.
- Straighten or curl my hair 4-5 times a week.
- Air dry most of the time but blow dry before styling.
- Trim ends 1-1.5″ every 2 months or so.
Hair Products I’m Loving
- Ouai Smooth Spray: I apply this to damp hair right before I blow dry it to tame the frizz and really smooth out the strands. Nothing has ever worked this well to tame my frizz and baby hairs!
- Ouai Hair Oil: If I’m not going out I apply this to the tips of my hair after a shower and let it air dry. If I’m about to style my hair I’ll apply it to damp hair before I blow-dry and then again to the tips after I’ve styled it. It’s amazing for taming frizz and sealing your split ends!
- Garnier Fructis 1-Minute Hair Mask: I was sent the Coconut Extract mask and immediately fell in love with the scent and feel of the product. The mask can be used in different ways but my favourite is as a leave in conditioner right after I shower. I apply this to the ends of my hair to prevent breakage and in return I get smooth silky locks!
- Hello Hair Shampoo & Conditioner: Hello Hair was kind enough to send these goodies to me and I’ve been using them non-stop since I got em! They have the most refreshing citrus-y fragrance and leave my hair feeling squeaky clean and hydrated.
Hair Products I Want to Try
- Ouai Dry Texture Foam
- Ouai Volume Spray
- Ouai Memory Mist
- Ouai Oily Hair Supplement
- Ouai Finishing Creme
- Gisou Hair Oil
- Gisou Texturizing Wave Spray
- IGK Volume Powder Spray
- IGK Trust Fund Thickening Foam
- IGK Laid Back DeFrizz and Anti-Static Spray
Do you believe I’m turning into a hair product junkie now? There are so many new and interesting products to try! If you’ve tried any of the products on my wishlist please let me know how you like them in the comments below!