Travelling can often bring on sickness, especially if you’re on long haul flights often, so today I’d like to share my tips on how to prevent that from happening! A couple of these tips were given to me by my best friend and when I was travelling last December I tried them out and successfully avoided any illness on my trip.
Sickness while travelling can arise from a multitude of factors some of them being fatigue, large groups of people in close quarters, exposure to foreign diseases, and stress. Therefore it’s important to cover your bases before and during your trip to ensure those bugs don’t get to you!
- Do your research before you go. Depending on where you’re travelling to, there may be viruses and diseases that you need to prepare for. Sometimes this involves getting shots beforehand and other times it just means avoiding specific types of foods and water.
- Stock up on Vitamin C packets. Every single morning while travelling I take an Emergen-C packet or tablet in a glass of water and not only does it boost your energy but it also helps support the immune system.
- Take Cold-FX daily. Taking Cold-FX pills helps prevent flu and cold symptoms and reduces their frequency, duration and severity. I honestly think that taking these was a huge factor in why I didn’t get sick during my three week trip.
- Drink from disposable water bottles, not tap. Wherever you go if you know it’s not 100% safe to drink from the tap then don’t. Even in restaurants you should ask for a bottle of water rather than a glass because you never know where it might be coming from.
- Pair up your sleeping schedule as soon as you can. If you know you’re going to by flying during the nighttime hours of your destination then sleep as much as you can to catchup to that places time zone.
- Carry a hand sanitizer at all times. Keep those airplane and airport germs away!
Do you have any other sickness prevention tips for travelling? Share them in the comments please!