One my new years resolutions in 2018 is to focus more on self-care so today I’d like to share a few of my favourite ways to wind down and relax. These are the different ways that I calm down after a long stressful day, take my mind off of the gazillion things going on in my life and refresh my body and mind.
Although focussing on work, school, and other people is important, it’s just as important to take care of yourself. In today’s world everything moves at the speed of lightning (not literally of course) and it’s easy to slip into a daily, weekly, and even monthly routine that doesn’t involve time for you. Time for yourself is precious and vital to your health so keep reading for some self-care inspiration!
- Get your nails done. Only if it’s something you enjoy of course, but I love how a fresh mani or pedi makes me feel! Refreshed, brand new, and ready to take on the world.
- Fix yourself a bubble bath. Throw in those essential oils, bath salts and bombs and you’ve got yourself a tub full of relaxation.
- Put on a face mask. If you’re really stressed put on a face mask and just lay down for 15 minutes. Your skin and body will thank you.
- Make a cup of tea. Tea is one of the keys to my heart so a nice warm cup always calms me down.
- Buy a bouquet of flowers. No one ever said you couldn’t buy yourself flowers right? They radiate happiness and good vibes for a couple of weeks and brighten up any room!
- Grab a latte and sit by the water. One of my favourite pastimes is sitting by the river with a tea latte. If you can find a body of water near you just sit and watch for 30 minutes, the inner peace it creates is like no other.
What do you do to take care of yourself? Please feel free to share in the comments below!