This post won’t be as structured as others because I’m treating it like a free write so that I can really speak my mind about blogging, bear with me.
So I’ve always hated English courses and writing essays but ironically I’ve fallen in love with blog post writing. It may be because it’s an outlet for my creativity and no one is grading me for it, but either way it’s something that I now quite enjoy doing in my spare time and not something that I dread. Obviously if I felt forced to write then I wouldn’t be posting twice a week!
To this day I believe that everyone has their own thing; a sport that they’re really good at, dance, singing, or some other talent. Even though I’ve tried just about every sport, art class, singing, and dancing (hip-hop only hahaha) I’ve never felt attached to or passionate about any of them. I would say gymnastics and cheerleading were my favourite extra-curricular activities but unfortunately I didn’t carry through with them.
A few facts about me:
- I’ve always LOVED art. Drawing, sculpting, painting, you name it. It’s always been something I really enjoyed but I never knew what to do with it I guess? At one point I even had a professional wooden easel with acrylic, oil, and water-colour paints!
- I got 100% in art class in Grade 9 LOL. How is that possible?!
- Even though I always hated writing in school, I was still able to keep my grades up in English.
- I wanted to be a fashion designer and interior designer when I was younger and I used to draw sketches of models and clothing. I even designed my own dream bedroom once (it was epic)!
- I’ve never been a huge makeup junkie and I definitely suck at buying the latest products haha. I’m more of a minimalist when it comes to makeup; one eyeshadow palette, one mascara, one contour kit etc.
I started blogging for the main reason of wanting to share my entrepreneurial story about being a skin-care Consultant for Rodan+Fields but it’s grown on me and I’ve realized that I can use it for so much more! Who doesn’t love talking about the things that they love?! That’s exactly what I do now and why I love blogging so much. I can literally talk about anything and share it with whoever I want.
My passion for fashion, beauty, and lifestyle has definitely bloomed through my blog and I couldn’t be happier about what it’s done for me. I feel so much more aligned with myself and who I am because of it. I finally have my “thing” and I’m ecstatic that it’s something I can share with all of you.
I say, go for it if you want it. If you feel like blogging, doing a YouTube channel, or content creating is for you, then just do it! All it takes is effort and hard work. The more passionate you feel about it, the less it feels like work.
Thanks for taking the time to read this one, I know it was a little lengthy 😉
Until next time lovebugs!