As I was shopping one day in Zara I came across a really pretty oversized white dress shirt with pearl embroidered cuffs, so I tried it on. Unfortunately the shirt wasn’t very flattering on so I had to let it go, however I knew that it would be an easy DIY project for home so I stopped at the craft store, picked up some pearls, and recreated it!
Supplies You Will Need
- thin white thread
- medium and large sized pearl beads; I used around 20 total for each cuff
- Choose how far apart you want your pearls. I placed mine about an inch apart from each other and half an inch from the edges of the cuffs.
- Starting from the inside of the cuff, thread through to the outside.
- Insert the needle into the pearl.
- Align the pearl so that the holes are facing sideways and not up and down. They should not be seen.
- Thread back through to the inside of the cuff and repeat one more time.
- Tie off the thread on the inside of the cuff.
- Repeat for each pearl!
I wore this dress shirt to Vancouver Fashion Week, which I’ll be doing a separate post on but here’s a sneak peek!
What do you think about this look? Leave me a comment below!