Road-trips can be a lot of fun, but only if you’re packing the right items in your vehicle. What would a road-trip be without good music? Or cards? Snacks? I’ve been on numerous road-trips since I was a little girl to Edmonton, Saskatoon, the Okanagan, Portland, and even California so today I’ll be sharing what my road-trip essentials are. If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of packing not knowing what to bring just print out this list!
- Music; aux cord, CD’s
- Laptop for movies
- DVD’s or USB loaded with movies
- Snacks; chips, candy, water, Gatorade, nut mixes, etc.
- Pillows and blankets
- Advil, gravol, Tylenol
- First aid kit
- Bathing suit; depending on where you’re going, you never know where you’ll stop along the way!
- Towels; for the reason above
- Plastic bags; grocery store bags and/or ziplock bags; for garbage and the possibility of motion sickness….
- Charger extension; cords and a box that can charge more than one device
- Electric fan & spray bottle
- Cash; stops on the way might not always accept cards, be prepared!
- Moisturizer, hand sanitizer, lip balm
- Tissues and/or paper towel; for clumsy drink spills
- Sandals or runners, vice versa depending on what you wear on your feet into the car! It’s all about being prepared for the stops on the way to your destination.
- Disinfectant and baby wipes; one pack or more of each for vehicle and body cleaning
- Cards (Uno, SkipBo, Card Deck) or small games that can be played in the car
- Earphones; yes sometimes alone time is necessary, especially if there are children in the vehicle!
Summer is moving fast people, make sure to fit that road-trip into your schedule even if it is just for a weekend! Until next time…happy traveling!