Sensitive skin is something that can be very hard to control and maintain, so I’m here to tell you what’s working for me and what could work for you. First of all, let’s discuss what the symptoms of sensitive skin are:
- Redness; minor to flaring red skin
- Irritation; to the touch or on its own
- Sensitivity and reaction to most products; creams, face washes, toners, cosmetic products
- General itchineness or eczema; causing or contributing to your sensitivity
- Blotchiness; general blotchiness or a reaction to product
If you have one or more of these symptoms then you probably have sensitive skin! I personally get red in my t-zone, nose, and chin area and can have pretty bad reactions to products. The products that I stand by to tame my sensitive skin and build up a stronger and more moisturized skin-barrier is the Soothe Regimen from Rodan+Fields.
The regimen is a 4-step process that includes very gentle products to help tame any symptoms of sensitive skin. The regimen steps are listed below.
- Gentle Cream Cleanser – to cleanse your skin of impurities, bacteria, and makeup residue (I usually remove my makeup with a remover before this cleanser).
- Sensitive Skin Treatment – the most active ingredient in the regimen, to instantly soothe redness and irritation in under 5 minutes.
- Replenishing Moisturizer – to ensure your skin is always moisturized.
- SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen – to protect your sensitive skin from those rays! Even on a cloudy day.
Using these products for almost 6 months now has really helped my skin to restore its moisture and build a good enough barrier to use stronger products. You can visit my website here to read up on the ingredients and pricing!