This past week my boyfriend and I visited the Instagram famous Abbotsford BLOOM Tulip Festival. I can honestly say that I’ve never seen so many tulips in my life! It was absolutely breathtaking. However, there are a few things I wish I had known before going and that’s what I’m here to tell you about.
Let’s get right into it!
- Do NOT wear suede sandal heels like I did. Trust me when I say this. The Tulip field is mud, mud, and more mud. I made the mistake of wearing a nice pair of shoes and had to be very careful! Luckily it was a nice sunny day so majority of the mud was dry, but at the sticky parts I really had to watch where I was stepping. They do have shoe covers available for $2 but realisticallly who wants to walk around and take photos in a pair of bright blue plastic covers?
- Wear an outfit that you would be okay getting dirty. This was another mistake I made, WHITE JEANS. Mud and white jeans do not go together y’all. Just wear something that you’d be okay with getting a little muddy. This is if you’re posing for photos inbetween the Tulip rows or happen to get stuck in mud and fall down. We saw it happen, no lie.
- Wear sunscreen! Unfortunately I forgot to put sunscreen on and I ended the day with a minor sunburn on my arms. Sunscreen is very important, especially if it’s a scorching hot day!
- Bring some mula for treats. There are food trucks at the Tulip Festival and there’s also an eating area. Perfect for a lunch date!
- Bring a camera. This is probably obvious but I totally forgot my Nikon when I left the house, so we had to use our iPhones. Although, in the daylight our iPhone quality was pretty good! If you’re going for a more professional shot, definitely bring a better camera.