If you’re groggy in the morning and don’t always have enough energy to make yourself a nice wholesome breakfast then this pudding is perfect for you. It’s easy to prepare and can be refrigerated for a few days, making for a few mornings with a yummy no-effort breakfast! This will surely get you excited to wake up.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups coconut milk (can be substituted for rice milk or whole milk)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Rinse and drain the quinoa. Bring the water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend together the milk, bananas, sugar, and salt in bowl of a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour the milk mixture into the saucepan with the quinoa.
- Place the pan over medium heat. Cook and store until the mixture becomes thick and creamy (5-10 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
- Garnish with dried cranberries, flax seeds, raisins, or fruit!
This recipe makes 8 servings but can certainly be split or doubled.
If you try out this recipe and like it let me know!